Fully interactive, stunning data visualizations for your business
- Rich ecosystem
- Active product group
- Out-of-the-box connectors
- Familiar to Excel professionals
- ETL processing with Dataflows
- Custom visualization marketplace
- Low cost Power BI Pro
- Automatically ingest data into Azure Data Lake Store
- Option to embedded reports via Power BI Embedded
- Premium SKUs can be expensive
- DevOps support is lacking (coming soon)
- DAX language can be tricky to master
Read our blog posts about Power BI
Quick tip – Removing totals from a matrix in Power BI
Here is a quick tip on how to remove column summarisation from a matrix in Power BI!
Quick tip – Updating the sort order of a column in Power BI (avoiding circular references)
Here's a quick tip on how to alter the sort order of a column in Power BI!
How to dynamically choose the correct font colour based on a background colour in Power BI tables.
Making your Power BI reports accessible is crucial, and one important aspect is legibility. If you're using background colours to represent certain categories, then you need any text that's used in conjunction with that background to be as clear as possible. This blog demonstrates how to dynamically select the best font colour to overlay on any chosen background colour.